Re: zoop wants to join

----- Forwarded message from Mika Fischer <mika.fischer@xxxxxxxxxx> -----

Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:47:37 +0200
From: Mika Fischer <mika.fischer@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Brian Murray <brian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: zoop wants to join

Hi Brian,

Brian Murray schrieb:
> Thanks for your interest in joining the Ubuntu Bug Control team.  As
> part of the application process I need to ensure that the following
> criteria are met.
[...]

Thanks for considering me. I'll just attach the email that I sent you
earlier.

Best,
 Mika

 Apr 28 17:44:32 2008
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:46:53 +0200
From: Mika Fischer <mika.fischer@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Brian Murray <brian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Application to the Ubuntu Bug Control Team

Hi Brian,

I (https://launchpad.net/~zoop) just applied to the Ubuntu Bug Control
Team because I want to be able to triage bugs properly in the corner of
Ubuntu on which I work (bash, bash-completion).

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl states that I shall answer the
following questions:

> 1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
> to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

Yes and yes.

> 2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?

Yes and no.

> 3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
> information.

Passwords, filenames, keys, ids, etc.

> 4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?

Yes. I mainly work on the bash-completion package and have fixed quite
some bugs before the hardy release. I want to continue working on this
package and the bash package as well as on laptop-related problems.

> 5. Please list of five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
> should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to
> properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not have
> an importance indicate what importance you would give it after becoming
> a member of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use urls in your list of bugs.

Well, I did not really triage much because those bugs were already
assigned to the right package and I cannot change the priority. But I
worked with the submitters to identify the problem and then fixed it:

"bash completion no longer works for ssh known_hosts"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bash-completion/+bug/211180
(would have given importance "Low")

"bash completion inhibits ability to debug login scripts"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bash-completion/+bug/205444
(would have given importance "High", because it can utterly break your
.bashrc)

"Username completion crashes with libnss-ldap"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bash/+bug/219527
(would have given importance "Medium", because it seems like a memory
management error, which could be dangerous)

"bash_completion fails for psql when databases require a password"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bash-completion/+bug/164772
(would have given importance "Low")

"bash completion doesn't work for 'perl -c'"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bash-completion/+bug/128290
(would have given importance "Low")

"Host completion does not use HOSTFILE"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bash-completion/+bug/184175