xt-knight wants to join

----- Forwarded message from xt knight <xt.knight@xxxxxxxxx> -----

Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 20:51:07 -0400
From: xt knight <xt.knight@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Brian Murray <brian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xt-knight wants to join

1) Yes, I have signed the Ubuntu CoC and am a Ubuntero.  I will treat
all bug reporters (and reports) with respect, as I understand bugs in
programs can frustrate people.

2) Is there a requirement that I do certain things, like forward bugs
upstream?  If I do not wish to do this, may I still be eligible for
becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control?  I would probably deal with
bugs where I would not need to do this.  Is it mainly about reaching a
specific goal or just using my power responsibly and to help others as
much as I see fit and as much as it is convenient for myself as a
volunteer?

Also is there any specific goal I must meet to maintain my membership?
 Any obligations?

3) To my best ability I would ensure that no name, passwords, credit
card numbers, emails, phone numbers, or any other sensitive
information exists in the crash report.
4) Not in particular.  I prefer to deal with UI/translation problems
and wishlist bugs rather than bugs requiring analysis of backtraces
though.
5) Bugs I have triaged:

a) https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/flashplugin-nonfree/+bug/213827
 ; I would set to undecided, because I am unable to reproduce the
problem and don't even know if it is a problem.
b) https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/214860
   ; I would set to Low; spelling errors are not critical and have no
effects on reliability.
c) https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus-open-terminal/+bug/214858
  ;  Low, again, capitalization error.
d) https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/214876   ;
Low, this isn't likely to "affect" anyone that badly.
e) https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/epiphany-browser/+bug/214881
  ;  Undecided until more info is provided; it could just be a problem
with the user's configuration.

I am new to triaging itself and probably generated a little too much
comment spam with some of those.  Still, I hope my actions were
helpful.

Thank you for considering me as a team member.  I hope to bring many
bug fixes to Ubuntu and triage many reports.