Re: QA Team Tools

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 02:32:07PM -0700, Brian Murray wrote:
> As discussed in the last QA Team meeting I've setup the Ubuntu QA Team
> Tools project[0] and setup a bzr branch[1] with some initial tools.
> I've setup the layout with one directory per set of tools and there is
> also a README file with an overview of each directory and of course a
> TODO list.

Brian, thanks for setting this up!

> Actually, Steve already knocked one item off that list!

Yes, I merged in Lars Wirzenius' dl-ubuntu-test-iso script, based off of
his repo at http://code.liw.fi/dl-ubuntu-test-iso/bzr/trunk/ ; Lars had
suggested I take over maintaining that script, since he's switching his
focus to platform tasks. I also have updated the script to be able to
mirror both the intrepid and hardy/8.04.1 daily snapshots (which Brian
graciously merged in to the master). It defaults to mirroring both,
but you can either specify which one you want in your iso.cfg via the
RELEASES variable or specifying '--release name' on the command line,
where name is one of hardy or intrepid. (I also fixed a bug where the
amd64 gobuntu and mythbuntu isos were ignored.)

There's a few more minor things I've added that I need to document
better, and I apologize to Lars for dirtying up his clean code. :-)
I do want to add support for pulling down the netboot isos as well.
Other ideas or feedback are welcome.

Thanks!
--
Steve Beattie