Re: Prospective MOTU membership in Bug Control

> I had a prospective MOTU ping me today about joining the Bug Control
> team.  They indicated that they had worked on needs-packaging, syncs,
> merges and upgrade bug reports.  This doesn't quite meet the traditional
> definition of bug triaging and there isn't as much need to set the
> priority of those bug reports as there is for a package like
> OpenOffice.org.
>
> That being said, I think setting the importance of those types of bug
> reports doesn't hurt and if they have the ability to set importance it
> they use it in other types of bug reports - which could help.
> Additionally, it should be fairly trivial to setup something to monitor
> their work.
>
> It should be clear I have a mixed opinion about this and I am wondering
> what the rest of the team thinks.

I think that, given the status quo, giving bug-control access to
selected MOTUs can actually help -- even if they restrict themselves to
the infamous workflow bugs.

This is due to the fact that workflow bugs are actually *not* worked by
bug triagers/controllers (well, almost never). Having someone from MOTU
doing this would probably help.

To my understanding monitoring them is similar to the monitoring that is
(most certainly) already done on new bug-controllers: new people still
have to show their worth, so this in no way imply selective distrust.

For me, it is a +1 on giving this type of access.