Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 12:04:36 -0500
From: Nathan Handler <nhandler@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: brian@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Nathan Handler (nhandler) Ubuntu Bug Control Application

Hello Ubuntu Bug Control,

Please consider this as my application to join the Ubuntu Bug Control team.

1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

I promise to always be polite to bug reporters, no matter what they
say or do. I have also signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.

2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?

I have read all of those wiki pages, and I do not have any questions.

3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
information.

You should look in Stacktrace.txt to make sure sensitive data such as
passwords, bank account numbers, credit card numbers, or any other
sensitive data was not passed as function arguments.

4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
interested in helping out with?

I am interested in helping to triage all types of bugs.

5. Please list of five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to
properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not
have an importance indicate what importance you would give it after
becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use urls in your list
of bugs.

 1) https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/238612
    I marked two other bugs(252473, 207044) as duplicated of Bug
#238612. I added a comment to both of the duplicate bugs explaining
that they were duplicate bugs, and that any further discussion should
occur in the main bug report. I then updated the description of the
main bug report to include some of the information from the duplicate
reports. Finally, I added a comment explaining why I modified the
description.

 2)
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee-official-plugins/+bug/239067
    I verified that the package had been removed from the
repositories. I provided a link showing that it had not been in the
repositories since Feisty. I also provided a link to a message on the
Debian PTS, which shows that the package has been removed from Debian
unstable. Since the package was no longer in the repositories, the bug
was no longer valid. As a result, I set the status of the bug to
'Invalid'.

 3) https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tint/+bug/251024
    This needs-packaging request had very little information in the
description. I took care of editing the bug description to make sure
it included all of the required information. I then added a comment to
the bug which provided a link to the wiki that explained the what
details should be included in needs-packaging bugs. Finally, I set the
status of the bug to 'Confirmed' after verifying that the package was
not in the repositories, and that nobody else had already created a
needs-packaging bug report for the application.

 4) https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/179703
    This bug was in fact a support question. As a result, I
converted it to a question. When I converted it to a question, I
included a comment explaining what I was doing. Finally, I added an
answer to the question, which explains why the bug reporter was
experiencing the issue.

 5)
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.22/+bug/135154
    This bug was reported nearly one year ago. It also had not had
any activity for a long time. I added a comment asking the bug
reporter if they were still experiencing the issue that they reported.
Since the bug was reported back when Feisty was the current release, I
also asked the bug reporter whether or not they were experiencing this
error on the latest Ubuntu release.

I would also like to mention that I am currently an Ubuntu
Contributing Developer.

Thanks,
Nathan Handler (nhandler)
https://launchpad.net/~nhandler