Re: [nhandler@xxxxxxxxxx: Nathan Handler (nhandler) Ubuntu Bug Control Application]

> ----- Forwarded message from Nathan Handler <nhandler@xxxxxxxxxx> -----
>
> 1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
> to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
>
> I promise to always be polite to bug reporters, no matter what they
> say or do. I have also signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.
>
> 2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
>
> I have read all of those wiki pages, and I do not have any questions.
>
> 3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
> information.
>
> You should look in Stacktrace.txt to make sure sensitive data such as
> passwords, bank account numbers, credit card numbers, or any other
> sensitive data was not passed as function arguments.
>
> 4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?
>
> I am interested in helping to triage all types of bugs.

Above looks good, as usual.

> 5. Please list of five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
> should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to
> properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not
> have an importance indicate what importance you would give it after
> becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use urls in your list
> of bugs.
>
>  1) https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/238612
>     I marked two other bugs(252473, 207044) as duplicated of Bug
> #238612. I added a comment to both of the duplicate bugs explaining
> that they were duplicate bugs, and that any further discussion should
> occur in the main bug report. I then updated the description of the
> main bug report to include some of the information from the duplicate
> reports. Finally, I added a comment explaining why I modified the
> description.

Improved the description, collected duplicates. Looks good to me.

>  2)
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee-official-plugins/+bug/239067
>     I verified that the package had been removed from the
> repositories. I provided a link showing that it had not been in the
> repositories since Feisty. I also provided a link to a message on the
> Debian PTS, which shows that the package has been removed from Debian
> unstable. Since the package was no longer in the repositories, the bug
> was no longer valid. As a result, I set the status of the bug to
> 'Invalid'.

Very good investigation in my opinion.

>  3) https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tint/+bug/251024
>     This needs-packaging request had very little information in the
> description. I took care of editing the bug description to make sure
> it included all of the required information. I then added a comment to
> the bug which provided a link to the wiki that explained the what
> details should be included in needs-packaging bugs. Finally, I set the
> status of the bug to 'Confirmed' after verifying that the package was
> not in the repositories, and that nobody else had already created a
> needs-packaging bug report for the application.

As 1).

>  4) https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/179703
>     This bug was in fact a support question. As a result, I
> converted it to a question. When I converted it to a question, I
> included a comment explaining what I was doing. Finally, I added an
> answer to the question, which explains why the bug reporter was
> experiencing the issue.

I'm actually a bit confused about this bug, since running "tar cfz test.tgz
bin" from Alt+F2 actually saves ~/bin to ~/test.tgz. That's why I have
no opinion here.

>  5)
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.22/+bug/135154
>     This bug was reported nearly one year ago. It also had not had
> any activity for a long time. I added a comment asking the bug
> reporter if they were still experiencing the issue that they reported.
> Since the bug was reported back when Feisty was the current release, I
> also asked the bug reporter whether or not they were experiencing this
> error on the latest Ubuntu release.

Looks okay.

> I would also like to mention that I am currently an Ubuntu
> Contributing Developer.

Ah, this explains why he seems to be pretty familiar with the packaging
stuff.

+1

Thanks,
Kjell