Re: Assign to Bug-Control

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Marcus Asshauer
<kubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> i 'm doing bug triage since March and i want to assign to Bug-Control.
>

> Application:
> 1) Yes i promise to be polite and i have signed the CoC a few weeks ago.
> 2) Yes i read it and have at this moment no questions about it. When i
> have questions about bug triage i (would) ask in #ubuntu-bugs if this is ok.
> 3) I would look for username and passwords, bank or credit card data,
> PINs or private address information.
> 4) In the past i did a lot of firefox bugs and for the future i would
> work on KDE related bugs, because i 'm a kubuntu user.
> 5) Some of my bugs:
>
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/kdesdk/+bug/253659

It looks like he sent it upstream, and reported another as a duplicate; good.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase-kde4/+bug/253279

This one I am not sure I agree with. He marked it Invalid because it
was a driver issue and not a kde issue. I feel that should have been
Invalidated against kde, but opened against the driver; it is still a
bug.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/epiphany-browser/+bug/252660

Translations are always good, though this should go in the description
with the original message placed below it.

> Because i come from germany i translate this german description to
> english. I think this gives more users a chance to deal with it.
>
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnucash/+bug/251633
> This bug is not an ubuntu bug so i marked this as invalid but i
> forwarded it to the gnucash bugtracker.

I agree with his actions here, it was very courteous to file an
upstream report. By the way I have never seen a report from a
non-Ubuntu user before :)

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/kdesdk/+bug/253912
> Before marking this bug as a duplicate i talk with apachelogger about
> this. If this bug wasn' t a duplicate i would give it "Medium" Importance.

Looks good, good use of a stock response. However the master already
has an Importance of Medium.

Overall I think Marcus is a solid and courteous triager, and a good
asset to Ubuntu. A bug translator and a KDE triager are both things I
think we lack in proper amounts. However for these tasks, BugControl
isn't necessary. More desired Importances would have nice as that is a
large part of BugControl. I personally like to see another 3-4 bugs of
Undecided importance, with suggested importances, or maybe some bugs
to move to triaged. But overall I think Marcus is moving in a great
direction.

Mike Rooney
mrooney@xxxxxxxxx