Re: Assign to Bug-Control

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Marcus Asshauer
<kubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Mike,
>
> thanks for your email. Here I have some bugs where i give you my thought
> about the importance.
>
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/257162
> I would set this to "Medium".
>
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qtparted/+bug/257220
> I would set this to "Low".
>
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libflashsupport/+bug/257165
> I would set this to "Medium".
>
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gmail-notify/+bug/257198
> I would set this to "Low".
>
> I hope that this list will help you with your decision.

Thanks Marcus! I think you are doing great triaging work and after
seeing more of your dedication here I would definitely approve your
application! +1.

One thing to mention is that you are doing the right thing when asking
for more information by subscribing and marking as Incomplete, but you
didn't mark them back as New or Confirmed (depending on if the
information allowed you to confirm or not) once the poster gave the
information. Granted, in both cases the replies with the information
were about 8 hours ago, so it is quite possible you just didn't have
time yet :)

Overall I think you may be suggesting importances slightly lower than
I would personally assign (I think the two low ones are possibly
deserving of Medium, with the first POSSIBLY High), but that is much
better than erring on the other side, since if you assign bugs too
high of Importances, it will inhibit workflow for developers, but if
you assign too low, you will know by all the subscribers that complain
:)

Good luck and keep up the great work!
- Michael