Re: [jerungkun@xxxxxxxxx: Re: apogee wants to join]

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 06:49:01PM +0100, James Westby wrote:
> > From: ApOgEE <jerungkun@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> > 3) As what I understand from the wiki, I should look if the
> > Stacktrace.txt (retraced) attachment has anything that looks like sensitive
> > data passed as function arguments. The sensitive data might be passwords,
> > things that look like bank account numbers, CSS keys, etc.
>
> That's correct, but it's more than that one attachment, there can
> be several attachments on apport filed bugs that may be sensitive.
>
> > 5) I'm moving slow on triaging bugs because I just started and a bit busy
> > lately with my works. Anyway, you can check my bugs page at
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/~apogee for a short list of bugs I've tried
> > to triage. For specific links:
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/19634
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openvpn/+bug/41794
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/151470

This bug report was Confirmed but did not have a package associated with
it - this is something I think should never happen unless it is a
needs-packaging bug report.

Come to find out there are actually 259 Confirmed and Undecided bugs
without a package - this is something we should work on reducing.  Maybe
for a bug day?

> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libdebian-installer/+bug/19634
>
> This is the same bug as the first it appears.
>
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xchat/+bug/245051
>
> This is a bug you reported yourself, and it appears you then simply
> confirmed it. You are not supposed to confirm your own bugs, as there
> is no real extra information.

Indeed one should not confirm their own bug reports because it may be a
configuration issue or specific to your system.  I, and everyone on this
team, should have bugs Confirmed by someone else as a sanity check.

> >From the bugs you have presented here I don't think you are quite ready
> for the team. For one thing they are not yet up to the standard that
> we expect from members of the team. Secondly simply confirming bugs
> when there are duplicates and such like doesn't require membership
> of bugcontrol to be able to do.
>
> I don't think you are ready for the team yet, but if you keep working
> you are welcome to reapply at a later date.

I agree with James on this application and have declined ApOgEE's
membership in the team.

> > I hope I can triage or even fix more bugs in the future when I have time to
> > do so.
>
> That would be fantastic.

Yes, we'd be happy to see you work on triaging more bug reports in the
future and are always happy to answer any questions you may have in
#ubuntu-bugs.

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com