Re: UbuntuBugControlTeam Application

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 11:14:01PM +0100, Chris Coulson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please consider this my application to join the Ubuntu Bug Control team,
> as per the procedure at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl.
>

> 1) Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
> you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
>
> Yes to both questions.
>

> 2) Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
>
> Yes, and I have no questions.
>

> 3) What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
> information.
>
> The stacktrace could contain passwords, credit-card / bank account
> numbers, online banking details or private PGP keys/passphrases.
>

> 4) Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?
>
> I want to help out with triaging across all packages, but I would also
> like to start contributing more to Universe (eg, packaging and fixing
> small bugs).
>

> 5) Have a list of triaged bugs that demonstrate you understand triaging.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gimp/+bug/153257
> After communicating with the reporter, I determined that this was
> actually not a bug.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/228608
> Same outcome as above.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm/+bug/228945
> Determined that this was a duplicate of another bug.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gedit/+bug/270167
> Determined that this was a duplicate of another bug.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/transmission/+bug/269800
> Reproduced and confirmed bug, and then reported it upstream.
> I would set the status of this bug to Low.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bluez-gnome/+bug/246547
> Same process as above.
> I would set the status of this bug to Low.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/266976
> Determined that this was a duplicate of another bug.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/+bug/180743
> I couldn't recreate the scenario necessary to reproduce the bug, but was
> able to identify and confirm the bug after having looked through the
> source code for the package.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-session/+bug/258145
> Confirmed bug and reported upstream.

You've done some fantastic work!  The only comment I have is that I'd
like to have seen some of your information in bug comment number 1
actually in the description of the bug report.  This isn't a big deal
since yours was the first comment in this bug but with bugs with lots of
comments it can be quite helpful to modify the description.

Based on everyone's feedback, I've approved Chris's membership in the
team.  Welcome and thanks for helping to make Ubuntu even better!

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com