Re: Application For Bug Control Membership

2008/9/16 HggdH <hggdh2@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 11:59 +1000, Null Ack wrote:
> (snip)
> Although not needed anymore (two already voted positively), here is my
> position: application accepted. +1.
>
> ..hggdh..

Gday folks :)

Seeing my application has been accepted, can I please be added to the
team in LaunchPad now? Its been 10 days since :)

One the bugs that needs attention for milestoning is 260765
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gst-plugins-bad/+bug/260765

Basically, the one Ubuntu supported method for playing DVDs (Totem and
gstreamer) no longer works and DVD playback on current builds is
broken. This needs to be milestoned. IMHO we simply cannot allow
Intrepid to be released to production without working DVD playback,
albeit atleast as good as Hardy was at it.

Ive been looking into this problem. Upstream are talking about a CVS
build be needed of the gstreamer base plugins for it to work. CVS
builds when were approaching beta is problematic. Also, the state of
the resindvd when gstreamer decided to release the last bad plugin
release was not complete. There is an argument here as well for a CVS
build of the resindvd to improve it. Or, we could ditch the whole lets
have dvd menus in Intrepid through gstreamer idea, dump resindvd, and

Regards
Nullack