Re: application to ubuntu-bugcontrol

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Dimitris Symeonidis <azimout@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
> you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
> # I DO

And he has signed the CoC as well.

> Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
> # I HAVE READ THEM AND HAVE NO QUESTIONS TO ASK
>
> What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
> information.
> # PASSWORDS, THINGS THAT LOOK LIKE BANK ACCOUNT NUMBERS, CSS KEYS, ETC
>
> Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?
> # I AM INVOLVED IN THE GNURADIO PACKAGE, AND I WOULD ALSO BE
> INTERESTED TO HELP WITH LINUX KERNEL BUGS
>
> Please list of five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
> should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to
> properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not
> have an importance indicate what importance you would give it after
> becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use urls in your list
> of bugs.
> # https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/poppler/+bug/279167

Did some debugging and sent upstream, awesome!

> # https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/poppler/+bug/273310

Debugging and then sent upstream again!

> # https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/186167

Looks fine.

> # https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/172937

Excellent debugging and summarizing work done here. He even created a
wiki page for this, quite nice! One thing I might recommend is to
update the description to mention the common sources of the problem
and workarounds (ie a link to the wiki). It also seems arguable the
status may be Invalid at this point.

> # https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+bug/267857

Good job working through the problem and explaining the reasoning of
everything to the reporter.

I have seem Dimitris around; he has helped me before when I played the
role of a reporter, and recently sent one of my bugs upstream to
Mozilla. Very solid contributions and quite helpful to reporters. It
is also great to have someone sending more bugs upstream, which is
incredibly useful (when appropriate). Definite +1 from me!

--
Michael Rooney
mrooney@xxxxxxxxx