Re: andres-mujica wants to join

El lun, 03-11-2008 a las 08:51 -0800, Brian Murray escribió:

> Thanks for your interest in joining the Ubuntu Bug Control team.  As
> part of the application process we need to ensure that the following
> criteria are met.
>
> 1) Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
> you or Ubuntu?  Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

Yes, and Yes i`ve signed the Code

> 2) Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage[0], Bugs/Assignment[1] and
> Bugs/Importance[2] at wiki.ubuntu.com?  Do you have any questions about
> that documentation?

Yes, i`ve read it a lot and use it as reference.  I`ve made questions at
the channel from time to time.

But, there`s some inconsistencies that i`ve found i.e. Assigning the
bugs to meself while triaging.  At the wiki this is suggested so
everyone knows that the bug is being worked on. But at the dev team this
is the way as they know if someone is trying to solve the bug (not
triage) so sometimes they ask not to self assign the bugs while trying
and sometimes viceversa.

Also the wiki suggests to put [HARDY] if the bug appears in hardy  or
[INTREPID] if it's the case, but some devs ask not to do that..

Anyway i've recently subscribed to bugsquad list so probably that's the
place to discuss those issues and get more involved with the other
triagers.

> 3) What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public?  See Bugs/HowToTriage[1] for more
> information.

passwords, keys, credit card or bank account numbers.

> 4) Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?

Hmm, the most of the time i've triaged bugs that me or some colleague
have been hit.  However i'm member of the Blueetooth and LTSP groups.

> 5) I also need to see a list of five or more bugs which you have
> triaged.  These bugs should demonstrate your understanding of the triage
> process and how to properly handle bugs.  If there is a bug in your list
> that does not have an importance indicate what importance you would give
> it after becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control.  Please use urls in
> your list of bugs so I can more easily find them.

Ok, let me paste some of them here:

WISHLIST:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-volume-manager/+bug/85291
LOW:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-keyboard/+bug/176326
MEDIUM:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cheese/+bug/290506
LOW:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager-core/+bug/155554
LOW:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-plugins/+bug/282316
HIGH:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/34501
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/~andres-mujica/+bugs?start=0

(Please take into account that normally when i'm triaging a bug i'll try
to find the most duplicates from the best reported bug and mark all the
dupes i've found so maybe with some of them there are no enough comments
from me)

The main reason to ask for bugcontrol is

1. I love UBUNTU!!  I've been using Linux since RedHat 7.2 passing from
LFS, SuSe, Gentoo and finally settling with Ubuntu 5.04 and upgrades! :)
2. I've found a lot of bugs that are really WISHLIST or without
importance and i believe that's something i can do without much trouble.
3. I want more involvement!

> [0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Assignment
> [2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance
>
> Thanks again for your interest in joining the team and I look forward to
> hearing from you.

Thanks a lot for the opportunity!

> Sincerely,

---