I want to be a member of the team

I want to be a member of the ubuntu-bugcontrol team. I don't intend to
do any general work triaging bugs in Ubuntu. But, for the packages
that I maintain in Debian, I will work on Ubuntu bugs that also affect
Debian. and I know that MOTUs get access to bugs also, but I do not
intend to become a MOTU or do any developement/packaging work directly
in Ubuntu either.

So, wrt the Application:

   1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

yes, and yes.

   2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?

read the last 3, read the relavant (the parts that have to with the types of bugs I will be "controlling") sections of the first one, while skimming the rest. No questions, it's all fairly straightforward.

   3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more information.

personally, I wouldn't go as far as to make a stack trace public that contains the persons hostname (without asking first).
that's probably a little more strict than Ubuntu in general, though. obviously no passwords, email addresses, etc.

   4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are interested in helping out with?

yes, onle the ones that I maintain/am working on maintaining in Debian. Currently, that is: gstm, libnagios-object-perl, xli, xalan, and swatch.

   5. Please list of five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not have an importance indicate what importance you would give it after becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use urls in your list of bugs.

These are the bugs (in gstm) that I've looked at tonight:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gstm/+bug/105078
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gstm/+bug/105082
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gstm/+bug/276517
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gstm/+bug/276525
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gstm/+bug/276529
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gstm/+bug/276530
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gstm/+bug/276534
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gstm/+bug/293240

Here are the suggested importances, which I just asked on irc:
01:15 < Ryan52> can somebody set some bug importances for me? here's my list (bugnumber => suggested_importance_level): 105078 => low, 105082 => low, 276517 => low, 276525 => low, 276529 => medium, 276530 =>
                low, 293240 => medium

and a status change:
01:28 < Ryan52> and, can somebody change the status on 276534 to wont fix instead of invalid. I knew there was a won't fix, but not seeing it in the list made me think I was wrong...and now I figured out that
                there is a status called wont't fix, but I just don't have permission to use it. -_-

Here's a few Debian bug examples, too, just because they are more interesting than the launchpad ones, and demostrate that I can actually ask bug reporters for more information rather than just say "ya, ok, I'll fix this" :)

Thanks,
Ryan (ryan52 on launchpad)

--
Ryan Niebur