Re: mtecknology wants to join

Hi Michael! I am going through some of the few older unanswered bugcontrol
applications (much like you like triaging the oldest bugs :) and found
yours, and thought I would reply.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Michael Lustfield
<michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Brian Murray wrote:
> > Thanks for your interest in joining the Ubuntu Bug Control team.  As
> > part of the application process we need to ensure that the following
> > criteria are met.
> >
> > 1) Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
> > you or Ubuntu?  Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
> I signed the Ubuntu CoC back in January of 2006 iirc. I try to be as
> considerate as possible when dealing with people. Especially when they
> are being rude to Ubuntu out of frustration.
>
> > 2) Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage[0], Bugs/Assignment[1] and
> > Bugs/Importance[2] at wiki.ubuntu.com?  Do you have any questions about
> > that documentation?
> I understood the documentation just fine.
>
> > 3) What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> > report bug before making it public?  See Bugs/HowToTriage[1] for more
> > information.
> We just need to look at StackTrace.txt file (Why is this a txt?) and
> ensure there is no potentially private data. This could include any
> cached data, cookies, bank account numbers, etc.

I think sensitive data can be in more than just the stacktrace. I look at
everything readable just to make sure.

> > 4) Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> > interested in helping out with?
> I've been filing bugs against screen brightness system tasks. I think
> I'm not perfectly sure what type of bugs I'm interested in though since
> I like the idea of taking care of the oldest first.

Sounds good!

> > 5) I also need to see a list of five or more bugs which you have
> > triaged.  These bugs should demonstrate your understanding of the triage
> > process and how to properly handle bugs.  If there is a bug in your list
> > that does not have an importance indicate what importance you would give
> > it after becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control.  Please use urls in
> > your list of bugs so I can more easily find them.
> I can't think of any bugs I have triaged. I know I've dealt with some
> but those were a long time ago. I'll need to get back to you on this later.
>

> > [0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage
> > [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Assignment
> > [2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance
> >
> > Thanks again for your interest in joining the team and I look forward to
> > hearing from you.
> >
> > Sincerely,
>
> Is there any way to just hold 1-4 and let me get to 5 at a later date?

Do you have 5 bugs that you've helped out with yet? If so let us know and we
can review your application!

Thanks!

--
Michael Rooney