Bug Control Application

1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

I promise to be polite to bug reporters and commenters, regardless of their attitude towards me. I have signed the code of conduct.

2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?

I have read all these documents.  No questions at this time.

3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more information.

Check the retraced stacktrace for anything that might be sensitive, such as usernames, passwords, account numbers, decryption keys, etc.

4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are interested in helping out with?

I'm interested in Mozilla Thunderbird, OpenOffice, NetworkManager, XChat, and Pidgin.

5. Please list of five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not have an importance indicate what importance you would give it after becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use urls in your list of bugs.

https://launchpad.net/bugs/160794 - I was able to confirm it, I think it should be consistent across platforms, and reported upstream

https://launchpad.net/bugs/153405 - Closed, reporter said it was fixed with a config change, also asked the reporter to re-test using gvfs

https://launchpad.net/bugs/124920 - Fix Released, since upstream had publicly released the fix and it was in the Ubuntu repos since Thunderbird 2.0.0.12

https://launchpad.net/bugs/198515 - Asked the user to upgrade and file a new bug with stacktrace if the crash happens again