Re: balajig81 wants to join

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 17:04 +0530, Balaji G wrote:

(...)

> >2) Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage[0], Bugs/Assignment[1] and
> >Bugs/Importance[2] at wiki.ubuntu.com?  Do you have any questions
> about
> >that documentation?
>
> Yes i have read the documents to a decent extent. I have been part of
> triaging squad in Fedora and hence i have a good idea on how the stuff
> works.
>
> >4) Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> >interested in helping out with?

It seems you forgot to answer question (3): "What sensitive data should
you look for in a private Apport crash report bug before making it
public?  See Bugs/HowToTriage[1] for more information."

> >5) We also need to see a list of five or more bugs which you have
> >triaged.  These bugs should demonstrate your understanding of the
> triage >process and how to properly handle bugs.  If there is a bug in
> your list >that does not have an importance indicate what importance
> you would give >it after becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control.
> Please use urls in
> >your list of bugs so I can more easily find them.
>
> I have triaged some bugs in Ubuntu. Unfortunately though LP shows i
> have added Bug comments and triaged them but it does not show which
> bugs i have triaged. My LP url is
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/~balajig81

You can look up all bugs you ever commented on by doing an advanced
search, and selecting *all* possible stati. By default LP will not list
bugs in terminal status (Invalid, Won't Fix,Fix Released). I performed
this search [1], and found only 12 bugs you have worked, or commented
on. Unfortunately, this is not enough to show understanding of the
triage process; although you state having experience on triaging at the
Fedora project, we cannot ascertain this experience here.

As such, I cannot vote positively for your application. Please work on
more bugs, and resubmit your application later on. On resubmission,
please do not forget to give us the list of 5 bugs you have worked on
that you think show your understanding of the process. We do appreciate
the interest, and hope you will keep on.

-1.

..hggdh..

[1] http://tinyurl.com/r3dtea