Re: balajig81 wants to join

Hi Brian

>Thanks for your interest in joining the Ubuntu Bug Control team.  As
>part of the application process we need to ensure that the following
>criteria are met.

Thanks for replying first of all.

>1) Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
>you or Ubuntu?  Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
Yes i have signed the code of conduct. I have been a fedora contributor and
i also contribute to other open source projects namely Quagga Routing where
in i have a git repo for myself.

>2) Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage[0], Bugs/Assignment[1] and
>Bugs/Importance[2] at wiki.ubuntu.com?  Do you have any questions about
>that documentation?

Yes i have read the documents to a decent extent. I have been part of
triaging squad in Fedora and hence i have a good idea on how the stuff
works.

>4) Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
>interested in helping out with?

I would like to help in fixing bugs in Ubuntu. It could be ubuntu as a whole
or gnome packages etc, though i have not done any packaging as such but i am
a system developer and hence have knowledge of programming languages though
i have not used much of GTK but i am willing to learn.

>5) We also need to see a list of five or more bugs which you have
>triaged.  These bugs should demonstrate your understanding of the triage
>process and how to properly handle bugs.  If there is a bug in your list
>that does not have an importance indicate what importance you would give
>it after becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control.  Please use urls in
>your list of bugs so I can more easily find them.

I have triaged some bugs in Ubuntu. Unfortunately though LP shows i have
added Bug comments and triaged them but it does not show which bugs i have
triaged. My LP url is https://bugs.launchpad.net/~balajig81

>Thanks again for your interest in joining the team and I look forward to
>hearing from you.

Thanks and i also wish to hear from you and be part of it. As a software
developer i am really interested in 5 a day
programme and also help in fixing bugs and also triage the bugs as part of
the process. i believe in adding value to project. and i have been
contributing to fedora in terms of writing docs (HowTos and wiki work),
triaging bugs, bug fixing,and taking IRC sessions in classroom.

i hope i have anwered your queries and also hope that you are convinced with
my replies and if you are looking at something specific do let me know. i
would be more than happy to answer that.

Thanks,
Cheers,
Balaji

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 2:38 AM, Brian Murray <brian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for your interest in joining the Ubuntu Bug Control team.  As
> part of the application process we need to ensure that the following
> criteria are met.
>
> 1) Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
> you or Ubuntu?  Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
> 2) Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage[0], Bugs/Assignment[1] and
> Bugs/Importance[2] at wiki.ubuntu.com?  Do you have any questions about
> that documentation?
> 3) What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public?  See Bugs/HowToTriage[1] for more
> information.
> 4) Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?
> 5) We also need to see a list of five or more bugs which you have
> triaged.  These bugs should demonstrate your understanding of the triage
> process and how to properly handle bugs.  If there is a bug in your list
> that does not have an importance indicate what importance you would give
> it after becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control.  Please use urls in
> your list of bugs so I can more easily find them.
>
> [0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Assignment
> [2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance
>
> Thanks again for your interest in joining the team and I look forward to
> hearing from you.
>
> Sincerely,
> --
> Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com