Re: Application of Sense Hofstede

Hello all, my review of the app:

>  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee/+bug/410832 Low
Good finding the dupe. Try to use stock responses for this, sometimes
users feel ignored/rejected if you label something as a dupe. The
stock response is nicely worded and encourages them to participate at
the new bug location. Agree with low

>  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee/+bug/410763 Medium
Good job helping put the gdb backtrace with the bug. I feel like this
bug isn't triaged yet and has some work to go. Have you searched
upstream bugreports to see if it has been reported? I'd like to see it
go upstream when the bug has been fully triaged. Agree with medium.

>  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase-workspace/+bug/395303 Low
Good job moving it to the kde package. Agree with low

>  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/410433 n/a
Good job pointing the reporter towards apport, although a link to:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Apport would be extra helpful to include. This
is wierd bug since I believe that linux (and ubuntu) are always
working on making easier tools to fix bugs, but you handled it well.

>  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/396439 n/a
It may also be good to point the user to how we can get packages into
ubuntu, but you are right in pointing the user to the program's
forums.

Overall, I'd like to see some more "triaged" bugs - most of these are
in still progress one way or another (none of the bugs here could be
set to "confirmed" or "triaged"). He probably has done this before,
but upstreaming bugs or finding upstream bugs and linking them to our
LP reports is very important too, I would like to see that in bug
reports too. Without "confirmed" "triaged" or upstreamed bugs, bugs
will have a harder time getting fixed in Ubuntu.