Re: komputes wants to join bugcontrol

komputes wrote:

>>> 2) Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage[0], Bugs/Assignment[1] and
>>> Bugs/Importance[2] at wiki.ubuntu.com?
>
> Yes. With relations with upstream, I only have upstream accounts with
> GNOME and KDE, Mozilla and Red Hat. I would like to know if registration
> on the other upstream bugtrackers were compulsory to join Bug Control.

As you will forward bugs to other projects as well, having accounts at
their bugtracker is quite helpful. But it's not needed to joing
Bug-Control, you can create them when needed.

> If it is a private bug, perhaps the user did not want to reveal this
> info publicly. I would review the files attached (including coredump.gz
> and stacktrace.txt ad defines on the wiki) as well as ask the user if
> it's ok to make the bug public.

Generally, the CoreDump.gz should be removed from the bug prior to
making it public. You should review the stacktraces for sensitive
information. A OK from the reporter is mostly not necessary, I'd only
ask when the reporter himself made the bug private.

>>> 5) We also need to see a list of five or more bugs which you have
>>> triaged.
>
> Here are some triaged bugs:

(Please use links to the bugs, not just the numbers)

You did not indicate an Importance you would set, please do that.

> Bug #282939
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/282939

The way to go is correct, you tried reproducing, you tried a newer
upstream version and found the location for reporting upstream bugs. But
this bug is not triaged yet.

> Bug #291658
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/291658

I don't see much triaging in this one. It is good that you found a
workaround but I'd have considered this bug a duplicate of
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/296500 (126140 at the time of reporting)

> Bug #185691
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/185691

Not much triaging, too. There are no steps to reproduce, no upstream
report, no indication of a workaround.

I did not examine the other reports yet but in my opinion you might not
be ready quite yet. Please reapply in some weeks with a fresh list of
bugs. Please also include an importance you would give them and use
links to ease the review process.

Regards, Andreas

--
Andreas Moog