Re: My application. Leo Jackson (lajjr)

On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 15:52 -0700, Leo Jackson wrote:
> BugControl,
>
> 1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
> I promise not to be rude, treat them like I want to be treated. Yes I signed the Code of Conduct https://edge.launchpad.net/~lajjr/+codesofconduct
>
> 2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
> I have read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and Bugs/Importance ? Question about these not at the moment.
>
> 3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more information.
> Usually it depends what program crashed and what you were doing. After seeing these for some time I have found CC#s, SSN#, Bank info, Login info, passwords,
> You can find many private items. I have seen medical records #'s, Medicare Group #'s, believe me there are items you can still list more of.
>
> 4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are interested in helping out with?
> Packages yes groups oh yes.
> Gnome, Inkscape, Packaging, Maintaining many packages, crushing bugs and creating patches.
> Apport, Packaging, Checkbox, KDE, X mostly python related programs.

Worthy tasks, all of them! But... specifically here, we are really
worried about the triaging of bugs ;-)

> 5. Please list of five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to properly handle bugs.
>
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/hardy-backports/+bug/401959
> If all goes well it will be finished in the next day or so.

Good work; but this is not a bug in Ubuntu... I am not sure about the
importance -- 'low' is probably more applicable.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/mago/+bug/385570

Although worthy work, it does not really show any triaging skills.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/getdeb.net/+bug/393508

Again, I see no triage work here. Furthermore, this is *not* an Ubuntu
official package. The Ubuntu bugSquad and bug-control deal with *Ubuntu
bugs. Apart from that, seems to be good work.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-on-rails/+bug/415966

Again, no real triage.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/+bug/370158

Finally, I can see Triaging In Action ;-)

Just one comment: it took me some time to parse "An error on the config
remove reinstall use purge to remove configuration files try." Please do
use punctuation (commas, etc). Also, I would set Importance to Low.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/checkbox/+bug/370346

I would set Importance to low here.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/jaunty-backports/+bug/401960

Again, not a bug, but a package/backport request. No comments.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/intrepid-backports/+bug/415678

Again, not a bug, but a package/backport request. And you yourself
opened it.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/baltix/+source/qgis/+bug/175992

Not a bug, but an ITP. I agree with the Importance.

I also looked at your activity on Launchpad. I was able to find about 40
bugs/ITPs/backport requests. Your activity seems to be mostly directed
to packaging/coding, and almost no bug triage experience.

Membership in bug-control requires triaging experience. Unfortunately,
you do not show it. I *do* note that you show a lot of work on
packaging, and I thank you for that.

Please wait some more weeks, and work on some bugs (*not* SRUs, or ITPs,
or backports); then please apply again. I will be happy to approve your
request *once* you show bug triaging experience.

-1.

Cheers,