Re: mentor request

On Thu, 2009-09-17 at 23:17 -0400, Siddhartha Kattoju wrote:
> Hello!,
>
> I am a computer engineering student specializing in software. I can
> program in C++ but I am not really sure how to apply myself to real
> world programming situations. I am preparing for my first co-op work
> term which is scheduled for next summer. I hope to gain insight into
> the workings of large scale software production. It would be great if
> I could be assigned an experienced mentor to guide me along the way.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sid
Hi,

First of all, may I be the first to welcome you on your journey.

What type of experience are you looking for? Are you looking to be
involved with bug triaging or development and general packaging work
instead? If it is the latter, then there is probably a more appropriate
mailing list - ubuntu-motu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .  If you are looking for
this type of experience, then I would recommend first having a look at
the MOTU wiki page [1].  There is also a mentoring program for new
contributors, which is detailed in [2].

If you want to help out with packaging and development work, then I
would recommend coming on to #ubuntu-motu on irc.freenode.net, where
there are lots of friendly and helpful people around to answer your
questions :)

Regards
Chris

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/