Re: Mentorship Request - <<Dananjaya Ramanayake>>

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 20:59:21 +0530
Dananjaya Ramanayake <dananjaya86@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm a experienced GNU/Linux user even though i started using ubuntu
> about a year ago. I really liked ubuntu and thats why i want to be in
> the bug squad and help to make ubuntu a even better distribution. I
> have experience in Systems and Network administration and some
> programming experience in languages like Java,C and Perl.also I can
> work with shell scripts reasonably well.
> My launchpad ID is: Dananjaya
> Currently i don't know which area to concentrate on but i like to help
> in every areas i possibly can.

Hello Dananjaya,

Thank you for your interest on the mentorship programme. We will be
happy to help you :-)

Before we can find you a mentor, we need to have a bit more of data:

1. what are the hours you *usually* are available? This is not
critical, but would increase the chance that you and your mentor would
be awake and available around the same time.

2. Can you use IRC? If you can, then it will be much more easier for
you and your mentor to keep in contact. We are usually on the
#ubuntu-bugs channel, on irc.ubuntu.com or chat.freenode.net.

3. You need to sign the Code of Conduct --
http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct for an overview, and a link to the CoC.

4. You should read https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage. Although
not strictly required, this will help speed up the process.

Finally, I tried to find your Launchpad id, but did not succeed.

Again, thank you for your interest in helping.

Cheers,

..C..