Re: jeremyfoshee wants to join

On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 11:58 -0400, Jeremy Foshee wrote:
[snip]
> Lately I have been dealing exclusively with kernel bugs. I am still
> fresh in the process of understanding all aspects of kernel bug
> triage, but I am lucky in that I have a great resource in Leann O.,
> Steve Conklin and occasionally Pete Graner to ask questions of.
> >
> > 5) We also need to see a list of five or more bugs which you have
> > triaged.  These bugs should demonstrate your understanding of the triage
> > process and how to properly handle bugs.  If there is a bug in your list
> > that does not have an importance indicate what importance you would give
> > it after becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control.  Please use urls in
> > your list of bugs so we can more easily find them.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/430694 I didn't do much to this due to
> it being a high importance case. I simply brought it to the attention
> of PGraner and he set the priority, etc.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/27287  This case was very confusing as
> there seemed to be irrelevant information in the bug. I asked for some
> clarification and I believe we have the issue back on track.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/441162 This bug was answered based on
> information I got again from PGraner. I have a request in for
> information on the feasability/necessity of a bug for detecting
> encrypted home and reacting appropriately.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/441485 The request in this bug was due
> to information from the kernel team. It appears we already get the
> information we requested, but I have not heard yet if that is in fact
> the case.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/308820 This is an old bug that needed
> an information refresh

Even though I believe the above bugs Jeremy noted do not cover the
complete breadth and depth of his triaging abilities, he's been doing an
awesome job helping triage kernel bugs.  He's been a constant
participant in our Kernel Bugs Days as well as tackling a long list of
kernel bugs for the Global Jam a few weeks ago.  I believe he is ready
to have the responsibility and privileges one gains by becoming a member
of ubuntu-bugcontrol to fully triage bugs.

+1 from me.

Thanks,
Leann