Applying to the team

Hi!

Having started triaging bugs for about three years, I think I should
apply for membership to the Bug Control Team. I've recently become the
upstream maintainer of the GNOME System Tools and of the System Tools
Backends, which implied handling the many bugs those packages have. It
would be very useful to me to be able to set bugs Importance, especially
so that Ubuntu packagers can better identify patches requiring an SRU -
and of course to mark reports has Triaged when I know we can start
working on them.

So here's the little quizz:
* Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
Of course!

  * Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
    Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
I just checked that I was aware of everything, seems fine. Documentation
looks clear enough to me.

  * What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
    report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
    information.
Passwords and other personal data in stacktraces.

  * Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
    interested in helping out with?
As I said, gnome-system-tools and system-tools-backends, but also gnunet
which I'm familiar with, and various reports I can find interesting.

  * Please list five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
    should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how
    to properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does
    not have an importance indicate what importance you would give it
    after becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use urls in
    your list of bugs.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/system-tools-backends/+bug/434565
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/system-tools-backends/+bug/418690
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-system-tools/+bug/406211
(which all the handling of duplicates)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnunet/+bug/342763
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/shadow/+bug/432964
-> I'd have set the importance to Medium: while the case to trigger the
bug (system crash during guest session) is quite rare, the effects are
terrible, making it impossible to modify/create users until the lock
file is manually removed, which would really be a deal breaker for most
users.

By the way, I've also written the Wiki page about debugging the GNOME
System Tools, since the commands to do so are really hard to guess. This
allows easy bug triaging for this package, and makes this secret trick
available to everyone:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingGnomeSystemTools

Cheers

Follow ups