Re: Applying to the team

Le mardi 10 novembre 2009 à 13:18 -0800, Brian Murray a écrit :
> > By the way, I've also written the Wiki page about debugging the GNOME
> > System Tools, since the commands to do so are really hard to guess. This
> > allows easy bug triaging for this package, and makes this secret trick
> > available to everyone:
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingGnomeSystemTools
>
> This is fantastic but I wonder if there is some way to make into an
> apport hook, that way it could be run for everyone reporting a bug about
> gnome-system-tools.
I've thought about it too, but I'm seeing a major problem for that: we don't
have logs stored anywhere on the system, which means you have to reproduce the
problem manually to get them. Maybe it could be good to, say, have a
file where the logs for the previous session are kept, and they could
then be attached automatically. But the current design does not make
this trivial since all the modules are started individually by D-Bus -
we would need a bit of tweaking.

That would really help us debugging, though OTOH I'd like to make the
backends report the errors through D-Bus to the GUI, which would also
help. Yet I struggle to achieve my roadmap for Lucid, so I'm not sure
that's going to happen. ;-)

And thanks for your approval!