Re: Bug Filing For Dailies

Le jeudi 26 novembre 2009 à 10:32 +0100, Ara Pulido a écrit :
> OK. Now I understand :-)
>
> Daily PPAs is the upstream project, not the Ubuntu package. Therefore,
> if a bug is found, it should be filed against the upstream bug track
> system (bugzilla, Launchpad, trac, or any other else they might be using).
>
> PPAs are not offical Ubuntu packages, those bugs NEVER should be
> reported against the Ubuntu project in Launchpad.
I remember that during last cycle, Bryce Harrington was happy to get
reports about KMS issues spotted in packages from the X team PPA, which
was mainly intended as an easy way for people using the stable release
to detect problems as soon as possible. Even if those packages were more
recent than those already published in the development release.

So I'm not sure all daily PPAs should follow the same rule. I guess it
depends on how the team responsible for the PPA and the corresponding
packages in Ubuntu organizes its work flow.

Just my 2c...