Apply form - José Á. Fernández

Hi all!

I'm having started triaging bugs for about three months, I think I
should apply for membership to the Bug Control Team to help deeply.

I'll never be able to be a kernel developer. Although I have some
knowledge of C, and I've been a programmer for some  years, I believe I
can contribute much more to work in bug filtering and enhancement.

I know I still have many things to learn, but I think I'm already
trained to triage bugs. To avoid mistakes, I have two main advantages:
One is my mentor (I am a proud mentee of Leann Ogasawara),and another is
prudence.

So here's the little quizz:

1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct? Of
course! It's the first thing I did to start helping.
(https://launchpad.net/~jose-angel-fernandez-freire/+codesofconduct)

2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
Yes. I've received a 'Welcome Pack' from my mentor that I've read
completely. All questions were solved with her. Documentation looks
clear enough to me.

3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage formore
information. Passwords and other personal data in stacktraces.

4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
interested in helping out with? I think I could a good job in the kernel
team.

5. Please list five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to
properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not have
an importance indicate what importance you would give it after becoming
a member of UbuntuBug Control. Please use urls in your list of bugs.

I would like to comment that I'm subscribing to all the bugs that I am
working on, to give continuity to the outcome of investigations, and to
bring the bug to the solution
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/~jose-angel-fernandez-freire).
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/%7Ejose-angel-fernandez-freire%29.>

a)https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/332795.  This is
a case where the original bug reporter has found that the most recent
kernel resolves this issue.  As a result I marked this bug Fix Released.
I had also fixed up the title of the bug report and added tags for the
releases this bug was related to.

b) https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/417050. I asked
the reporter to confirm the issue with the latest karmic kernel as well
as the 2.6.32 mainline kernel build which lucid is based on. They
confirmed that resume from hibernate is still an issue. I asked Leann to
mark this as Triaged which she did. I also added tags noting the
releases this bug affects.

c) https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/422388.
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/422388> I asked
the reporter to confirm the issue with the latest karmic kernel as well
as the 2.6.32 mainline kernel build which lucid is based on. The
reporter responded that they no longer have access to the hardware nor
use Ubuntu any longer.  Following the wiki policies, I marked this bug
as Invalid.

d)https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/419353.
<https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/419353> I
asked the reporter to confirm the issue remains with 2.6.32 lucid based
kernel. Once the reporter confirmed the issue remained, I asked to run
apport-collect so that a complete set of updated logs would be attached.
I then asked for the bug to be set to Triaged (which Leann did).

e) https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub/+bug/473746 I
copied the error message from DpkgTerminalLog.txt and posted it as a
comment in the bug report. After examining the actual error message, it
seems this is really a grub error so I reassigned this to the grub
package. I also marked bug 486343
<https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub/+bug/486343> as a
duplicate of this bug as the error message appeared to be the same in
that report.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
^_Pepe_^