Re: Apply form - José Á. Fernández

On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 18:12 +0100, "José Á. Fernández" wrote:
> Hi all!
>

> I’m having started triaging bugs for about three months, I think I
> should apply for membership to the Bug Control Team to help deeply.
>

> I'll never be able to be a kernel developer. Although I have some
> knowledge of C, and I've been a programmer for some  years, I believe
> I can contribute much more to work in bug filtering
> and enhancement.
>

> I know I still have many things to learn, but I think I'm already
> trained to triage bugs. To avoid mistakes, I have two main advantages:
> One is my mentor (I am a proud mentee of Leann Ogasawara),and another
> is prudence.
>

> So here's the little quizz:
>

> 1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
> to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct? Of
> course! It’s the first thing I did to start helping.
> (https://launchpad.net/~jose-angel-fernandez-freire/+codesofconduct)
>

> 2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
> Yes. I’ve received a ‘Welcome Pack’ from my mentor that I’ve read
> completely. All questions were solved with her. Documentation looks
> clear enough to me.
>

> 3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage formore
> information. Passwords and other personal data in stacktraces.
>

> 4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with? I think I could a good job in the
> kernel team.
>

> 5. Please list five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
> should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to
> properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not
> have an importance indicate what importance you would give it after
> becoming a member of UbuntuBug Control. Please use urls in your list
> of bugs.
>
> I would like to comment that I'm subscribing to all the bugs that I am
> working on, to give continuity to the outcome of investigations, and
> to bring the bug to the solution
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/~jose-angel-fernandez-freire).
>

> a)https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/332795.  This
> is a case where the original bug reporter has found that the most
> recent kernel resolves this issue.  As a result I marked this bug Fix
> Released. I had also fixed up the title of the bug report and added
> tags for the releases this bug was related to.
>

> b) https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/417050. I
> asked the reporter to confirm the issue with the latest karmic kernel
> as well as the 2.6.32 mainline kernel build which lucid is based on.
> They confirmed that resume from hibernate is still an issue. I asked
> Leann to mark this as Triaged which she did. I also added tags noting
> the releases this bug affects.

> [...]

Pepe has been doing an awesome job helping triage kernel bugs.  He's
already helped clean up numerous update/upgrade bugs, wifi bugs, and
suspend/resume bugs.  I feel he is more than ready to become a member of
the ubuntu-bugcontrol team and be given the the full triaging
responsibilities and privileges.  Big +1 from me.

Thanks,
Leann