Bug Pattern Writing Experience

I was writing a bug pattern for http://launchpad.net/bugs/447159 and ran
into some thing interesting that I never had before and thought you
might be interested in it.

The bug is currently about xserver-xorg-video-intel but it was
originally filed about xorg-server.  You can tell this by the
SourcePackage line in the bug description.  I initially started writing
the bug pattern as xserver-xorg-video-intel.xml but it wasn't matching
at all.  I then renamed the pattern xorg-server.xml and got a match.
This makes sense as the crash report was originally about xorg-server
but then the X Swat team determined the crash was in the driver and
moved it to the driver package.  So to prevent further bug reports about
this crash we need to have the pattern in xorg-server.

However, I think it would be useful to have it also in
xserver-xorg-video-intel so we can use search-bugs to look for
duplicates of that particular crash.  So I envision that xorg-server
will be a collection of xorg-server patterns and also
xserver-xorg-video- driver patterns.  Does that make sense to everyone
else?

Thanks,
--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com