Re: BlackZ wants to join

Comments inline

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Lorenzo De Liso <blackz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I, Lorenzo De Liso, re-apply for membership in the ~ubuntu-bugcontrol
> team.
> Since the last time, I became an ~ubuntu-reviewers member.
>
> Launchpad page: https://launchpad.net/~blackz<https://launchpad.net/%7Eblackz>
>
> Thanks for considering me!
>
> > 1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
> > to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
>
> I do promise to be polite to bug reportes, I have signed the Ubuntu Code
> Of Conduct.
>
> > 2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> > Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
>
> I have read the documents, and I have no questions.
>
> > 3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> > report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
> > information.
>
> First of make an private Apport crash bug public, I should look the
> stacktrace for password, number of credit card and other things that can
> be personal information.

I believe its not the stacktrace, but the coredump that you should be
checking.

> > 4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> > interested in helping out with?
>
> No, I would like to triage bugs in generally.
>
> > 5. Please list five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
> > should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to
> > properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not
> > have an importance indicate what importance you would give it after
> > becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use urls in your list
> > of bugs.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dvipsk-ja/+bug/570858 (I'd
> give the importance "medium" because it has a moderate impact, since it
> isn't installable).

I agree with this one.  Medium seems right.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/570879(I'd give the importance "medium" because the program could not be used
> properly).

In this case, I think the bug should be filed against google earth.  Also,
its not a package in ubuntu archives, so it should be invalid in the ubuntu
project and perhaps be filed under the mediubuntu project.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnumeric/+bug/570836 (I'd give
> the importance "low" because it can be easily fixed and is a low-impact
> bug).

Low is right for this bug.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gedit/+bug/571257 (I'd give
> the importance "medium" if the reporter will report more information
> about the bug -  because gedit can't be used for read the created files
> and that's a significant impact).

I do not think this bug can be set an importance.  The OP does not seem be
clear as to what happened and I'm not sure it can be reproduced.  Also
you're awaiting more information from the OP i.e. crash report.  Once you
actually know the cause of the bug, you can make a call on the importance.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-games/+bug/571300 (I'd
> give the importance "low" becuase it has a low-impact and the
> application can be used with it).

Low is right here, but why didn't you forward the bug upstream yourself?  I
see that pedro forwarded it.

Overall, I'd say you're making good progress.  But, I'd -1 for now.  My
suggestion would be to look into upstreaming bugs when you are sure the
problem is upstream.  Don't jump into confirming the bug.  Triple check
everything before you actually confirm.