Re: Bug Control Application

On 09/07/2010 03:33 PM, Rohan Garg wrote:
> Hi
> Id say :
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdepim-runtime/+bug/592427 :
> Low importance since its not a very important issue, the akonadi
> settings can easily be accessed via other means and it worked for alot
> of people in #kubuntu-devel, but since the user was using gnome, i cant
> say if it will or will not work for him.
agreed and set.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/desktopcouch/+bug/565376 : also warrants
> a low since its been fixed for maverick ( IDK if the importance for this
> bug should really be set since its fix released, and warrants a
> importance level after its been fixed )
doesn't matter, a bugs status and it's importance are seperate. I agree
with Low, but because it's something that can easily be worked around.

> Regards
> Rohan Garg
>

> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Micah Gersten <micahg@xxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:micahg@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     First, I want to say thank you for all your hard work with Kubuntu
>     packaging.
>
>     On 09/06/2010 12:53 PM, Rohan Garg wrote:
>     > Hi
>     > Im Rohan Garg and i wish to  apply for bugcontrol.
>     >
>     > 1) Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are
>     rude to
>     > you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
>     >      Yes to both
>     > 2) Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage
>     > <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage>, Bugs/Assignment
>     > <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Assignment>, Bugs/Status
>     > <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Status> and Bugs/Importance
>     > <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance>? Do you have any questions
>     > about that documentation?
>     >      Yes, no questions on the docs
You should read the importance page again, while I agree with the
importances you have given here, the reasoning for the desktopcouch bug
is wrong. (be objective)

>     > 3) What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
>     > report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage
>     > <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage> for more information.
>     >     I usually look for
>     >     a) CoreDump.gz
>     >     b) Stacktrace.txt for sensitive data
>     > 4)  Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
>     > interested in helping out with?
>     >       KDE specific bugs are my specialty.
>
>     All good so far.
>
>     > 5) Please list five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
>     > should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to
>     > properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not
>     have an
>     > importance indicate what importance (and explain the reasoning) you
>     > would give it after becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use
>     > urls in your list of bugs.
>     > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/k3b/+bug/596926
>     I'm assuming you asked Scott K to set the importance for you here.  I
>     would agree with High here.
note: not every reporter understands '<bug #>', please replace that in
the future. I agree with the importance.

>     > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/k3b/+bug/325370
>     Ditto here. Importance of Wishlist is appropriate.
agreed.

>     > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plymouth/+bug/613636
>      Importance
>     > should be high since the boot splash is a integral process of the the
>     > boot process and should show Kubuntu branding when booting
>     While important for Kubuntu's image, this doesn't seem to warrant a High
>     Importance since the boot process is working fine, just the graphic
>     appears to be wrong. According to
>     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance, this should be Low.  Please
>     note, *I* believe that Importance (Ubuntu's severity) should not
>     necessarily affect *when* a bug is fixed.  This should definitely be
>     fixed before Maverick is released.  That might make it High for some
>     people.  I would not count this against you though.
I agree with Micahg here, this is a simple usability bug but the kubuntu
team might consider it High.g

So now that we have all importances, and considering the work you have
been doing for Kubuntu, I'll give a +1.

Philip.