Ubuntu Bug Control team application

Hi

Please review the information below to support my application for
membership of the Ubuntu Bug Control team.

      * Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are
        rude to you or Ubuntu?

                I do.

      * Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
	Yes

      * Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
        Bugs/Importance?

                Yes

      * Do you have any questions about that documentation?

                No (but I reserve the right to ask questions in the
                future!)

      * What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport
        crash report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage
        for more information.

                I would look for any sensitive information such as
                passwords, private keys or other personal information in
                core dumps and stack traces

      * Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
        interested in helping out with?

	Anything Java related and server-team packages

      * Please list five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
        should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and
        how to properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that
        does not have an importance indicate what importance (and
        explain the reasoning) you would give it after becoming a member
        of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use urls in your list of bugs.

	List of bugs I have triaged over the last couple of weeks:

                https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dovecot/+bug/645808
                I would have set the importance of this bug to High as
                it impacted a key stack in Maverick in the run up to
                release candidate.  Confirmed and raised with ttx to
                ensure included in release milestone bugs for server
                team.

                https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mailman/+bug/651182
                I would have set the importance of this bug to Low.
                Confirmed that the bug existed; raised upstream by
                reporter (which saved me some time!)

                https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ibmasm-utils/+bug/651877
                I would have set the importance of this bug to Low as it
                has minimal impact other than allowing someone to
                install a package which would never work on a powerpc
                architecture.  Confirmed that the module ibmasm is only
                supported on x86 architecture, re-titled to reflect
                actual bug.

                https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+bug/645654
                Marked as a duplicate of an existing bug 621837.

                https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bacula/+bug/651432
                I would have set the importance of this bug to Low as it
                is possible to work round the issue.  Confirmed bug and
                documented a workaround in the bug report.  Marked as
                duplicate of #616754 which also had alternative
                workaround.

Regards

James

--