Re: Bug Reporting Guidelines and Acknowledgement

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:58:05AM +0100, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:

> Brian Murray wrote on 11/10/10 18:37:
> > The bug reported acknowledgement is a relatively new feature in
> > Launchpad.  It appears on the reported bug's page in a notification box
> > above the bug description.  With the Ubuntu bug reported acknowledgement
> > I've taken the opportunity to ask the reporter to test with the
> > development release[2] of Ubuntu:
> > [2] I realize this is less possible now
>
> That the very first acknowledgement text is useless in this way makes it
> less likely that people will pay attention to any future acknowledgement
> text. I suggest removing it until it can be useful.

Useless seems like a bit much.  The text regarding the bug reporting
process being a conversation and indicating that questions will be asked
is useful.  I have removed the sentences pertaining to testing with the
development release until the first alpha image is available.

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master