Handling bugs from foreign language speakers

Hi all,

Currently, we (bug triagers and users of Launchpad in general) only
accept bug reports and comments in English. This can cause a problem,
since it's nearly impossible for speakers of a language other than
English to post a bug report ; in the end, we're losing an opportunity
to improve Ubuntu by fixing nasty bugs.

So how can we improve this situation? In our recent meeting, two
possibilities (I think) were discussed:
- Include the option of translating the bug via Google Translate's API.
  I don't think this is a good idea, since the translation isn't
guaranteed to be good, which can lead to confusion in technical talks
IMO.
- Have a small group of bug triagers in each local community, who
would triage bugs from native/foreign speakers and then send them to
Launchpad with the appropriate translation.

So what's your point of view? Please share it :)

Thank you,
Mohamed Amine IL Idrissi

Follow ups