Re: Bug Control Team application

Hi,

>> *https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eog/+bug/658618 - This is a
>> valid bug, with enough information to reproduce and upstream task
>> attached, and it is ready to be worked on, so it should be Triaged.
>> The importance should be Low, as it is an easy-to-fix cosmetic issue.
>
> This looks good to me and I agree with the importance.  However, the
> fixability of a bug should not be a factor in the importance.  Critical
> bugs can have easy fixes too.

My question here would be then: what does then the "Ones that can be
easily worked around" sentence in the Low importance description on
the importance page refer to (if it is not related to the fixability
of the bug) (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance)?

> I don't see any work that you've done on this bug report - I always
> thought people would send in bug reports that they've worked on but
> maybe it is not clear on the application.  What do you think?
>
> I agree that it can be set to Triaged though.  With regards to the
> importance because this is a regression I think the importance should be
> bumped to Medium though.

You are right that I haven't done anything on that bug. Regarding the
wiki page: it says in a list, item 4 that I need to demonstrate that I
: "Have a list of triaged bugs that demonstrate you understand
triaging." - This doesn't necessarily imply that I had to do anything
on the bugs, It should be enough to find bugs that are not yet Triaged
but are ready to be Triaged as they contain all the necessary
information.

Reading further in the things to include in the application letter :
"Please list five or more bugs which you have triaged and include an
explanation of your Triage. Please note that these bugs should be
representative of your very best work and they should demonstrate your
understanding of the triage process and how to properly handle bugs.
For all the bugs in the list, please indicate what importance (and
explain the reasoning) you would give it after becoming a member of
the Ubuntu Bug Control team."

I haven't really taken this into account, because I have a huge list
of bugs, and most of them already have an Importance and are in
Triaged or Fix Committed/Released statuses, thus I didn't see any
reason why I should list them in the application letter, and found a
huge task to find the most representative 5. I hope this still is OK
to demonstrate that I understand the Bug Triaging Process. :)

Regards,
  Robert