Re: Bug Control Team application

> Based on David's endorsement and mine I am happy to approve your
> membership to the Ubuntu Bug Control team.  Thanks for helping out and
> welcome!
>
> P.S. I'm still hoping for a response with regards to clarifying the Bug
> Control Application process.

Thank you for approving my application. As for the response regarding
the bug control application process, I have found only one question,
that I haven't answered, I have missed it probably (thanks for
reminding):

> For lack of a better word it refers to a bug report that can be easily
> worked around by doing something different.  While not the best example
> http://launchpad.net/bugs/727410 is the closest one I have at hand.
> The reporter indicates they can work around by choosing the Classic
> Desktop environment instead of the Unity environment.  So they've
> worked around the bug and but not fixed it.  Perhaps that line could be
> elaborated on?  Something like:

> "One that can easily be worked around by doing something different"

I still wouldn't understand that, as it doesn't explain, how about
something like this

"One that can easily be (worked around)/(fixed locally) by the
reporter until a developer fixes the problem in the package"

Regarding the rewording of the bug list selection:

> I think this as a result of the fact that triaging can mean the whole
> bug life cycle or the process of getting a bug to the Triaged bug
> status.  I'm of the opinion that bugs you've touched that already in
> Triaged, Fix Committed/Released statuses are the ones we really want to
> see as those are the ones that have progressed the furthest in the bug
> life cycle - not just bugs that should be set to Triaged.  So maybe the
> wording should be:

> "Have a list of bug reports that you have worked on and that demonstrate
> that you understand the bug triaging process."

I like this wording more than "Have a list of triaged bugs that
demonstrate you understand triaging.", because it does not say triaged
bugs explicitly, but still I don't know how to explain concisely that
it's not necessarily about bugs the applicant has fixed, but I think
that this can easily be understood a bit later, from the Direct
application section, 5th bullet: "Please list five or more bugs which
you have triaged and include an explanation of your Triage. Please
note that these bugs should be representative of your very best work
and they should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process
and how to properly handle bugs. For all the bugs in the list, please
indicate what importance (and explain the reasoning) you would give it
after becoming a member of the Ubuntu Bug Control team. Please use
urls in your list of bugs."

This clarified for me that the application doesn't have to show off
bugs fixed by himself/herself, only list bugs to "demonstrate your
understanding of the triage process and how to properly handle bugs".

Regards,
Robert