ubuntu-bugcontrol application: ~rsalveti

Hey all,

After working with Ubuntu ARM for quite a while now, would like to
apply for Ubuntu Bug Control. Most of the time I'm available at
#ubuntu-bugs, but I generally help by subscribing the packages I'm
interested the most, helping triaging, debugging and fixing. Also
being involved with Ubuntu ARM image testing.

My data:
https://launchpad.net/~rsalveti
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RicardoSalveti
IRC: rsalveti

Application:

1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

Yes, and I believe the Ubuntu Code of Conduct is something really
important for the project health.

2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?

I read all these wiki pages quite a while ago already, and also
learned how to triage bugs by looking and working with other
developers. I have no question as all procedure is quite clear and
well described at the wiki pages.

3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
information. Is there a particular package or group of packages that
you are interested in helping out with?

The most sensitive data is what could be contained at the core dump
and at the stacktrace. Core dump is usually more complicated as it can
contain data from user's memory, like personal information, passwords
and encryption keys.

Usually I'm interested in triaging bugs from components I'm more
comfortable working with, and that I can also help fixing. U-boot,
Kernel, Rootstock and a few others that are used while booting and
installing the distro.

4. Please list five or more bug reports which you have triaged and
include an explanation of your decisions. Please note that these bugs
should be representative of your very best work and they should
demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to
properly handle bugs. For all the bugs in the list, please indicate
what importance you would give it (and explain the reasoning) after
becoming a member of the Ubuntu Bug Control team.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rootstock/+bug/434597
Closed as Invalid as upstream included 2 additional solutions that
made the bug invalid.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ti-omap/+bug/566645
Proposed the solution and later requested another member to test it,
and to move verification-needed to verification-done once the test was
completed.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/genext2fs/+bug/583317
Closed as Invalid after checking that reported behavior was actually
the expected one.

Tested and reported that the bug was gone, moving status from "In
Progress" to "Fix Released".

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+source/linux/+bug/586386
Reported the fix, fixed bug summary and added the proper triaged tag
at the bug (ARM bugs).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ti-omap4/+bug/605832
Pointed the solution, sent the patches to the kernel team and changed
the status to "Fix Commited" once the patches were included at the
kernel git tree.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ti-omap/+bug/608095
Changed to "Fix Released" asking the bug owner to always add more
information at the bug report, so others could easily see the solution
when they access the bug.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pybootchartgui/+bug/619026
Reported and fixed with proper triage (bug state, patch submission and
proper tags).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ti-omap4/+bug/653002
Triaged, fixed and followed the SRU process, also requesting testing
for the bug owner.

Since I've being involved for more than 1 year now, it's quite hard to
list the most important ones, but these bugs should cover most
important topics. A longer list can be found by looking for bugs I
commented and changed status.

Thanks!
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo