Fwd: Bug-control access for Debian Developers

Hi bug team,

mdz brought up Debian Developer access to Launchpad bugs in this
thread on debian-derivatives:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-derivatives/2011/06/msg00034.html

The bug in question is 252368. In that thread Matt mentions that "I
think it would be reasonable to consider if DDs could automatically be
members of ~ubuntu-bugcontrol, e.g. via
membership in https://launchpad.net/~debiandevelopers";. I check out
Brian's mail about updates to the bug control policy updates according
to this spec: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-qa-o-ubuntu-bugcontrol-membership-policy

and it looks like you already had discussions about having subteams of
ubuntu-bugcontrol. Over the years the barrier of having a DD being
able to go and do something to a bug that affects their package in
ubuntu have given us feedback that it's too complicated and doesn't
really fit with people's workflow. This seems like an easy decision to
me but I wasn't at this UDS session so I thought I'd ask for feedback
on what the team thinks about this.

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/252368
--
Jorge Castro