Re: Fwd: Bug-control access for Debian Developers

On 06/17/2011 12:52 PM, Jorge O. Castro wrote:
> Hi bug team,
>
> mdz brought up Debian Developer access to Launchpad bugs in this
> thread on debian-derivatives:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-derivatives/2011/06/msg00034.html
>
> The bug in question is 252368. In that thread Matt mentions that "I
> think it would be reasonable to consider if DDs could automatically be
> members of ~ubuntu-bugcontrol, e.g. via
> membership in https://launchpad.net/~debiandevelopers";. I check out
> Brian's mail about updates to the bug control policy updates according
> to this spec: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-qa-o-ubuntu-bugcontrol-membership-policy
>
> and it looks like you already had discussions about having subteams of
> ubuntu-bugcontrol. Over the years the barrier of having a DD being
> able to go and do something to a bug that affects their package in
> ubuntu have given us feedback that it's too complicated and doesn't
> really fit with people's workflow. This seems like an easy decision to
> me but I wasn't at this UDS session so I thought I'd ask for feedback
> on what the team thinks about this.
>
> [1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/252368
> --
> Jorge Castro
> Canonical Ltd.
> http://twitter.com/castrojo
> Help fix Unity Bitesize Bugs: http://goo.gl/i1WA1

I think that DDs should have the same streamlined process as any other
upstream, but still should have to acknowledge our policies before being
given bug control membership.  Also, I don't believe they qualify for
team membership as they are all considered separate entities and do not,
for the most part, have a hierarchical structure where there are team
leads that can take responsibility for the changes the team makes and do
the appropriate training (as opposed to the Canonical HW Cert team which
has this).

Thanks,
Micah