Re: Application to Bug-control

On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 01:32 +0100, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm Dave Gilbert - aka lp user ubuntu-treblig aka penguin42 on freenode.
> I'd like to apply for membership of bug-control.
>
> I've been triaging bugs on #ubuntu-bugs for some years, and joined
> bug-squad last year.  I've been contributing fixes to various
> FOSS packages for well over a decade
> (see http://www.treblig.org/patches/patch.html)

I've seen you around for a very very long time!! ;-)

> 5. Please list five or more bug reports which you have triaged and include an explanation of your decisions. Please note that these bugs should be representative of your very best work and they should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to properly handle bugs. For all the bugs in the list, please indicate what importance you would give it and explain the reasoning. Please use urls in your list of bugs.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/560306
>    I reported this bug after finding a pattern of users reporting a
>     fault on ubuntu+1, and walked them through workarounds.
>
>    I'd have given it a 'critical' given it gave users a black screen
>    for a growing group of users.

Apart from this one everything looks fine. We usually don't consider
bugs we've reported as triaged bugs( usually it's triaged for others).
Anyway, even without this one you have more than 5.

I'd like to +1 as well, however I would like to first like to know:
Why is it you hadn't applied for membership earlier and
what motivated you to apply now?

--
Cheers,
Vish