Re: Application for the Ubuntu Bug Control team

On 26/09/11 17:12, Fathi Boudra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 27 September 2011 00:21, C de-Avillez <hggdh2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I think there may be a bit of misunderstanding here. The Ubuntu Bug
>> Control is a team for the Ubuntu project (i.e., for these bugs that
>> have Ubuntu packages -- a name followed by "(Ubuntu)". But all bugs
>> you show are for *other* (than Ubuntu) projects. None of these bugs
>> affects the Ubuntu project!
> No, there isn't a bit of misunderstanding :) I showed bugs that I have triaged
> recently. I don't think the process is much different, even if the
> bugs mentioned don't
> affects the Ubuntu project directly. They affect definitely the Ubuntu
> project as
> Linaro work is integrated to Ubuntu.

After some chatting with a friend, I tend to agree. And your work on
the bugs show consistency. OK. And... Linaro is an upstream for
Ubuntu ;-).

>> You should not need to be in the Ubuntu Bug Control team to be able
>> to administer these projects... But, if you want to be in the team
>> because you need to have full access to the Ubuntu packages used in
>> Linaro, then you MUST show us Ubuntu bugs.
> I lack of permissions to do bug triaging as soon as the bug is Ubuntu related.

Er, you lack permissions to mark a bug Triaged/WONTFIX, and setting
priority. Nothing prohibits you from the actual triage work apart
from the above.

> Here's an example of bug I would like to be able to triage:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/armel-cross-toolchain-base/+bug/692987
>
>> Am I missing something here?
> Hope it clarifies my intent. Though, I didn't worked only on Linaro
> related packages
> as I'm involved in Kubuntu.
>
>> +0 for now, waiting for feedback.

+1.