Application for the Bug Control Team

Hi, I'm Matthias Klumpp and I would like to join the Bug Control team.
I am upstream author of PackageKit, projectM, Listaller and some other
projects. I maintain packages (e.g. packagekit or projectm) in Debian
and Ubuntu. (but I'm no MOTU, so I need a sponsor for Ubuntu packages)
So here it goes...

> 1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
> to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
I have signed the Code of Conduct and I promise to be polite to bug
reporters and anyone else.

> 2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
I read these documents and I don't have any further questions. :-)

> 3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
> information.
Coredumps, because the memory image of the crashed application could
contain sensitive data. So a coredump should not be public.
Also, I'd need to check if there are sensitive text strings in any
attached file, especially the Stacktrace.txt. Function arguments
(which are displayed there) could contian private data, so these bugs
should stay private.

> 4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?
I am very interested in (of course) managing bugs for the packages I
maintain, which is especially packagekit, gnome-packagekit, projectm
and apper. I'm also interested in related packages, e.g. the
software-center, apt and apt-daemon as well as clementine.

> 5. Please list five or more bugs which you have triaged.
According to [1], as an upstream developer I do not need to specify
bugs I have triaged.
But if you want me to do this, I will of course create a list of bugs
or ask an Ubuntu dev to vouch vor me.
A list of fixed bugs I recently worked on is provided by LP on [2]
(big LP search query).

I hope I didn't forget anything :)
Kind regards,
 Matthias