Re: Application for the Bug Control Team

Hello!

On 12-01-11 05:36 AM, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> Hi, I'm Matthias Klumpp and I would like to join the Bug Control team.
> I am upstream author of PackageKit, projectM, Listaller and some other
> projects. I maintain packages (e.g. packagekit or projectm) in Debian
> and Ubuntu. (but I'm no MOTU, so I need a sponsor for Ubuntu packages)
> So here it goes...
>
>> 1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
>> to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
> I have signed the Code of Conduct and I promise to be polite to bug
> reporters and anyone else.
>
>> 2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
>> Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
> I read these documents and I don't have any further questions. :-)
>
>> 3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
>> report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
>> information.
> Coredumps, because the memory image of the crashed application could
> contain sensitive data. So a coredump should not be public.
> Also, I'd need to check if there are sensitive text strings in any
> attached file, especially the Stacktrace.txt. Function arguments
> (which are displayed there) could contian private data, so these bugs
> should stay private.
>
>> 4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
>> interested in helping out with?
> I am very interested in (of course) managing bugs for the packages I
> maintain, which is especially packagekit, gnome-packagekit, projectm
> and apper. I'm also interested in related packages, e.g. the
> software-center, apt and apt-daemon as well as clementine.
>
>> 5. Please list five or more bugs which you have triaged.
> According to [1], as an upstream developer I do not need to specify
> bugs I have triaged.
> But if you want me to do this, I will of course create a list of bugs
> or ask an Ubuntu dev to vouch vor me.
> A list of fixed bugs I recently worked on is provided by LP on [2]
> (big LP search query).

Based on your responses (which seem OK to me) and "Requirement 4 can be waived
if you are an upstream developer or bug triager or if a Ubuntu developer vouches
for you (your triaging ability)." I'd say +1 on your application.

Do note that the same page also says:

"If you are an upstream developer or bug triager for an upstream project contact
Jorge Castro"

Maybe this still needs to be done :)