From: Thomas Ward <trekcaptainusa.tw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Subject: Core vs. Non-Core definitions
To: ubuntu-bugsquad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm dredging this back up again, given a discussion with hggdh in
#ubuntu-bugs.

This should *really* be defined, core vs. non core for Importance setting,
among other things.

Core vs. Non-Core can make a bug either Low or Medium (see bold items, and
here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance):

•*Low: Bugs which affect functionality, but to a lesser extent than most
bugs, examples are: *
◦Bugs that have easy work-arounds
◦Bugs that affect unusual end-user configurations or uncommon hardware
◦Bugs that affect a non-essential aspect and limited scope of the
application
*◦Bugs that have a moderate impact on a non-core application*
◦Cosmetic/usability issues that does not limit the functionality of a
non-core application
◦Non-ideal default configurations
•*Medium: Most bugs are of medium importance, examples are: *
*◦A bug that has a moderate impact on a core application.*
◦A bug that has a severe impact on a non-core application.
◦A bug which impacts accessibility of a non-core application.
◦A usability issue that does not limit the functionality of a core
application.
◦A problem with a non-essential hardware component (removable network card,
camera, webcam, music player, sound card, power management feature,
printer, etc.)

hggdh and I both agree we need to address this and define items.

So once again, I'll dredge this topic up so we can define what is or is not
core, and then list that accordingly on the bugsquad docs.