"Bugs 101" IRC Classroom Sessions Discussion

Greetings, fellow bug squad and bug control members!

I was talking to pleia2 (on IRC) during the user days geared towards
newbies on the classroom, and we happened to start discussing the
possibility of members of the bugsquad and/or bugcontrol having sessions
relating to bugs, such as how to file them, how the bug lifecycle works,
etc.

I see a ton of users of other support resources such as Ask Ubuntu or
Ubuntu Forums or some of the IRC channels reporting bugs in those methods
but not filing bugs, or sometimes filing bugs that aren't even bugs, or
arent bound to any package, or the likes.  I think it'd be pretty decent if
we can get some sessions together to help teach the people who are not as
experienced with bugs how to correctly file a bug and how to understand the
lifecycle of a bug, and what we do as BugSquad and BugControl members.  One
of the methods we can teach this by is dedicated classroom sessions on IRC
for such things (sort of a Bugs 101)

I know Micah thinks this'd be a good idea, so I'm curious who on the
bugsquad and bugcontrol would care to participate in such an event, if we
decide to add Bugs sessions to the next User Days classroom sessions, or
even if we schedule something outside of user days, and what types of
topics (including but not limited to a "Bugs 101" session) we should touch
upon during such a session.  Thoughts?

(This is just a discussion right now, if we think this is a good idea we
can arrange session times with whomever has control over the classroom
calendar)

------
Thomas Ward
LPID: trekcaptainusa-tw