Bug 1048141 Inquiry

Dear Ubuntu Kernel Team / Ubuntu Bug Control:

Regarding https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1048141 ,
I am interested to know if this is a "problem of a problem" bug.

I say this because in order for the Original Reporter to get the
computer working to begin with, the OR has to boot with kernel
parameter:
acpi=noirq

I have questions about this bug:
+ Could acpi=noirq cause the new bug of not being able to boot?
+ If acpi=noirq is causing this problem, wouldn't we want the bug?! of
having to use acpi=noirq solved first, instead of troubleshooting
collateral damage problems?

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter and I look
forward to your response.

--
Christopher M. Penalver
E-Mail: christopher.penalver@xxxxxxx