Re: Ubuntu BugControl Application

On 02/27/2013 04:00 PM, Brandon Schaefer wrote:
Hello,

My name is Brandon Schaefer, and Im applying for membership into the ~ubuntu-bugcontrol team.

https://launchpad.net/~brandontschaefer

- Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

Yes, and I have signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.

- Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?

Yes I have read through them, and most questions have been answered :).

- What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more information.

Make sure the CoreDump.gz is removed before making it public.

Checking any of the Stacktraces.txt/ThreadStacktraces.txt for any strings containing private information (passwords, user names, etc.)

- Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are interested in helping out with?

lp:unity
lp:compiz
lp:nux

Lots of bugs in those packages :).

- Please list five or more bug reports which you have triaged and include an explanation of your decisions. Please note that these bugs should be representative of your very best work and they should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to properly handle bugs. For all the bugs in the list, please indicate what importance you would give it and explain the reasoning. Please use urls in your list of bugs.

Some of these bugs lack enough detail I think to be considered triaged.
Specifically, 961783, 1061939 don't list Ubuntu version or software version which would make it hard for someone to start on, in my opinion. Was there any reason for leaving that off?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/1086988
High, because users were unable to use their application.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nux/+bug/1125351
High at first, but moved to a medium because it is a usability issue but doesn't cause serious problems with the core of the application.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nux/+bug/1112044
Medium because it is a usability issue, but wont make the program unusable.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/1109150
Medium because it was a regression of an expected behavior, otherwise this would be low importance.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/autopilot/+bug/1061939
Medium because the bug causes misleading information, which causes impact on the overall application.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/961783
Medium because its a big usability problem, but doesn't cause any serious problems with the core application.
Hopefully I haven't missed anything! If not let me know.

Cheers,
Brandon Schaefer