Re: a few arm server issues for trusty

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 3:48 AM, Paolo Pisati
<paolo.pisati@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 09:13:49AM -0600, Dann Frazier wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 3:32 AM, Paolo Pisati
>> <paolo.pisati@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> > about 1326437 (and possibly 1328280 too) , isn't the bootloader recent enough to
>> > load zimage files? and read them directly from an extX filesystem?
>>
>> Yes, that's what the proposed bootscript does:
>>   https://code.launchpad.net/~dannf/ubuntu/utopic/flash-kernel/m800bootz/+merge/222413
>
> i see, you are using flash-kernel just to update the bootscript now, uhmm...

Yes. Does the "uhmm..." imply a concern with that approach? Right now
we're using a minimal bit of f-k code (basically id'ing the platform),
but we also want to leverage the upcoming support for kernel parameter
maintenance and ubootenv management, so it seems better than inventing
something else.