Re: Proposed for SRU - sdformat package (LP: #1338845)

Yes, there is.

You should probably be using standard tools like rmadison and not synaptic.
rmadison clearly shows that source packages exist. You can then pull the
source package with apt-get source and by looking at the control file you
can see that the binary packages are libsdformat1 and also
libsdformat1-dev/dbg, along with the doc package.